Raj Goodman Anand, Goodman Lantern founder and CEO, recently sat down with Dave Monk, host of the 12 Hats Radio podcast, to talk about his experience as an angel investor financing startups and some of the lessons he’s learned as a successful business owner.
In this conversation, Raj talks about his journey from engineering graduate to tech investor and the founder of Goodman Lantern.
Among other things, Raj discusses remote working being an emerging trend that was accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Companies that have thrived during this time, he believes, are likely to survive even the biggest challenges and come out stronger for it.
He also talks about the digital realm being a reliable platform for unlocking business opportunities, and cites teamwork as an essential factor in deciding whether to invest in a business or not. He brings up an impactful book he read during the lockdown, and provides three key takeaways every online business should keep in mind:
1. Focus on a repeatable niche that’s not limited to a particular and limited audience.
2. Find reliable people and leave important department responsibilities to them.
3. Have long-term visions with scalable plans to welcome changes or new trends that emerge.
The full podcast episode covers valuable insights into how Raj Goodman Anand views online businesses and their futures.
More of the topics covered in this interview include:
- The increasing dominance of remote work globally and how it impacts the future
- Why companies should focus on teamwork above all else
- The importance of delegation of responsibility for business owners
- What businesses can do to empower their team members
- A functional approach to encouraging joined efforts for increasing profits
- The work-life balance and how remote working helps you strike it
Don’t miss this chat on 12 Hats Radio if you are a current or future business owner. Listen to the podcast today and get practical tips for successful business management that any founder can benefit from.